Thank you for over 1,000 views! When I started this blog, I don’t think I expected to hit this many views in less than a year. Certainly not before I had a book out. So thank you for reading, whether you follow me here on WordPress or you follow my links from Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter. Please keep reading, I think the best is yet to come!
Alexandra Needham has nominated me for a Liebster Award. I do appreciate the intent, but the chain-letter style of it makes me reminisce about why I left Facebook. However, I enjoy reading Alexandra’s blog and I liked the questions she posed as part of the nomination process, so here are my answers:
- What was your first pet? A black cat that I named, interestingly enough, Blacky. When he got run over, a few weeks later a dog of similar coloring, down to a white spot on one paw, showed up on our front step. We named him Blacky too.
- What is your ideal job? Writing, at home and in my pajamas, getting up at whatever hour (before noon) I please.
- Are there enough hours in the day? Absolutely not. If I could forego sleeping to make use of those nighttime hours, I would.
- What is the most obscure book you own? Why do you have it? I don’t know that I have any obscure books. My absolute favorite book, however, is Sabriel by Garth Nix. Come to think of it, I have a copy in French too. Does that count as obscure?
- What would you like to be able to see from your window? A nice garden, perhaps with a tree. Ideally, with a pond.
- Where was your best holiday or day out? It was a couple of days, actually. On my first visit to Québec, my husband took me on the train to Montréal, where I walked around in wonder at the shiny buildings and all of the strangeness of the city. We spent the night in a hotel, we shopped in underground malls, it was all so new and sparkly. I know the city a bit better now, but I still catch glimpses of how it looked that first time.
- Toilet paper, over or under? Under. It seems neater somehow. And perhaps it’s more difficult for the cats to unroll.
- What is the one thing you can’t get through the day without? My iPod. I must have music for the commute, or for walking, or whenever I am alone. I would be uncomfortable if I couldn’t read, or call or text people, but my iPod is my one must-have item.
- Describe your mug/teacup. I have many, but the one I currently use at work bears a pixelated heart that turns red when hot and fades to black as I empty it.
- What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? I could Google this to figure out what the end of the joke was, but I’d rather just admit that I’ve forgotten. Though I did watch the Holy Grail incessantly when I was younger.
I just wanted to take a moment to come here and wish all of my followers a Happy New Year! Good luck to all of you with your resolutions and may the year to come be the best one yet.
I also wanted to thank all of you, I never could have anticipated having over 30 followers in such a short space of time. Thanks for reading!